Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Veggie Turkey Casserole

July 27, 2010

Veggie Turkey Casserole

Tonight, I tried Veggie Turkey Casserole. This is a quick and nutritious dish especially for toddlers.

The ingredients I used:

1 lb Ground Turkey
1 Can of Cream of Chicken
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom
1 12 oz Bag of Mixed Frozen Veggies
1 Tbsp Minced Onion
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
Bread Crumbs

I cooked the turkey in a skillet on the stove until well done. Meanwhile, I combined all other ingredients in a bowl and mixed it together. Once the turkey was done, I added that to the mixture. I put it in a baking dish and then put a thin layer of bread crumbs over the top. I popped it in the oven at *375 for 20 minutes.

This dish turned out very well; however, it was a bit too creamy for me. I have made this dish in the past using Stovetop turkey stuffing as a base, and I prefer that because the stuffing gave it a bit more texture.

I may have wished for more texture, but my son thought it was perfect. Lately, he has been throwing most of his food in the floor, not a drop of this dish landed on the floor. He was begging for more! Then, after he was done and I took him out of his booster seat he turned around and started eating what had fallen into the seat. I am thrilled that he liked this dish so much because it was a healthy dish and something other than lunch meat!

Has anyone else made a similar dish? If so, what changes would you make?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 28, 2010 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Laura Jane said...

We've made something similar with chicken and stuffing. Cut up chicken, stuffing mix, mixed veggies, cream of chicken, onion and some grated cheese on top!

 
At July 28, 2010 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Yes, I liked the stuffing with the texture, but Dakota seemed to like this one better than the one with the stuffing. I'm starting to realize he's real picky about texture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home