Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Veggie and Rice Medley

July 23, 2010

Veggie and Rice Medley

Stir Fry is one of my favorite dishes to fix. However, now I can not really fry anything due to it not being healthy. So, what's a girl to do? Make my own version that's what!

I cooked 1 lb of ground turkey in the skillet, I did add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to give it a little bit of flavor. I purchased a bag of stir fry veggies from Target. I was able to heat those in the microwave and it steamed in the bag. I cooked 2 cups of brown minute rice on the stove while the veggies were heating up.

Once everything was cooked and heated, I added a layer of rice, veggies, and some meat to a bowl and mixed it up. I topped it with a bit of lite stir fry sauce and had a fabulous meal. I'll be fixing this again as it only took about 10 minutes and was delicious...and healthy!





Dakota was not very fond of it. I believe it was more the textures of the meat and rice that he did not care for. He ended up with some lunch meat with rice and veggies. He is now entering the stage where it's more fun to throw the food on the floor than eat it!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM , Blogger beth said...

olive oil is good for you, even with high cholesterol! I do stirfry quite often, and since you are using olive oil anyway, you might try tossing the rice in a skillet in hot olive oil for a couple minutes before serving to crisp things up...G likes the texture of the 'fried' rice better than steamed. Also, you could try adding a little ginger and garlic...garlic is great for you heart!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

That's a great idea and sounds yummy...thanks!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I am so excited that I found your site! It is going to be a big help to me and my 1 year old :)

 
At July 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Thank you for stopping by, I look forward to blogging more recipes and ideas for toddlers!! If you have any good ones too feel free to comment about them. My son just turned 1 last month.

 
At July 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Laura Jane said...

I love stir fry, but Chris hates it so we never get to eat it in my house!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home