Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Skillet Steaks

July 15, 2010

Skillet Steaks

Let's get one thing straight, I'm a steak girl! In light of recent findings, this poses a big problem, but for this post...I love steak!

I prefer my steak cooked on the grill, but since hubby was not home and I have not conquered the grill yet, I pulled out my trusty skillet!
I used sirloin steaks, purchased from National Steak and Poultry in Owasso, OK. (I'll give more of my meat secrets later!) I put garlic powder on both sides of the steak then cooked them in the skillet with a bit of Worcestershire sauce and a dollop of butter. I let it simmer on each side for about 7-10 minutes or until cooked to your preference.

The house smelled so good while these were cooking and they turned out pretty tasty to be skillet cooked!

Short steak story...I prefer mine medium well, I went to a fancy restaurant on vacation and ordered a medium well steak, which I red on their menu meant a very thin line of pink. They brought my steak out...medium RARE! The blood was running into my potatoes, and I thought I was going to be sick. I sent it back and they just recooked my medium rare steak and gave me my steak with bloody potatoes! Okay, I feel better now letting you know of my horrid experience. That steak and potatoes cost a lot of money to not be able to eat it!

To complete the meal, I used the new Kraft Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese, very similar in taste to Velveeta. Then, I added some peas and Rhodes rolls and we ate up. My son had the same meal; however, instead of steak he had lunch meat. Enjoy!



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home