Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Meatball Friday Night

July 15, 2010

Meatball Friday Night

This meal had one restriction: No Noodles!

There are nights where I really do not want to cook, and I do not feel like getting out and driving 5 miles to get something to eat. Then, I usually go back and forth on if I should order take out although it's not in the budget. My solution to all the above problems...meatball subs!

-Hoagie Rolls
-Beef or Turkey Meatballs (I use the precooked, frozen meatballs)
-Marinara Sauce
-Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese

I heat up a few meatballs in the microwave. Then, I add the meatballs to the hoagie rolls, drizzle some marinara sauce on top, and then add some cheese. I put them all on a cookie sheet and stick them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes to toast them and melt the cheese. I fixed a small side salad or if you want to have a junk food night, you can fix some french fries.

My son loves meatball sub night too; however, he has a different variation of this meal. I cut up a few meatballs for him, top it with some cheese and then give him 1/2 a toasted hoagie. Typically, I use wheat hoagies so that it's more nutritious, but this time the store was all out!
I also add a veggie to give him a balanced meal. We have dealt with extreme reflux over this past year and it seems to be improving greatly, but we are still not ready to introduce any foods with tomato base. So, no marinara for him!

This is a great quick fix for a Friday night after a long week!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 16, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Laura Jane said...

Do you cut up the hoagie for Dakota? I'm still a spaz about choking so I cut EVERYTHING up for him. lol

 
At July 16, 2010 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Yes, I rip it up into small pieces while we are eating, and I don't put much on his tray at a time. He likes to fit as much as possible into his hands and shove it in his mouth at the same time. So, it's still small pieces for us!

 
At July 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM , Blogger beth said...

nice new blog!

Um, I'm a spaz about choking too! Glad to see Dakota is eating well...Garrett doesn't like food(except the stuff he isn't supposed to have!)

 
At July 17, 2010 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Beth- Thanks!!! I'm sure someday Dakota will like all the foods he's not supposed to have! haha!!

 
At July 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Money Saving Queen said...

These look great-FYI!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home