Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Chicken Noodles

July 14, 2010

Chicken Noodles

One of the biggest challenges for me is cooking something other than noodles; however, this meal was all about noodles! I guess I have not conquered that challenge yet!

Typically my cooking starts off with a recipe that I have found, then I improvise to the point it is nothing like the original! That would be how this meal came out.

Tonight, I made Chicken Noodles, very simple and for me that's a start.

The recipe consist of:

1 Bag of No Yolk Egg Noodles

1 Can of Cream of Chicken

1 Can of Chicken Broth

2 4.5oz Canned Chicken

1 Bag of Frozen Mixed Veggies

A Dash of Garlic Powder

A Dash of Basil

Note: I say a 'dash' this can be interpreted in many different ways, did I mention I never measure anything! This is 'Mommy Hates Cooking', right?

I cooked the egg noodles as instructed on the package. Then, in a skillet I added all the remaining ingredients and let them boil. After draining the noodles, I mixed the skillet mixture with the noodles and viola dinner is served. This only took about 20 minutes to cook and would be great with a whole wheat roll.

For me, it was bland, which is why I added the garlic powder; however, there was something missing. It needed maybe some type of spice? Suggestions?

My son on the other hand loved it. At first he was not sure and remnants of his indecisiveness landed all over the floor, but by the end his face was covered and he was hinting for more.

My husband's thoughts? MORE NOODLES!? He told me he has been made fun of at work for the amount of noodle dishes he brings. So, although he enjoyed it, I have made a vow to him that my next meal will not include noodles.

That's it and now on to the next cooking adventure!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 15, 2010 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Laura Jane said...

Dakota's grin is so adorable in that pic! Looks like something I could definitely make. =)

 
At July 15, 2010 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Ember said...

Here from LauraJaneDesigns! Can't wait to see what you've got cooking! =)

http://rememberember.blogspot.com/

 
At July 15, 2010 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Money Saving Queen said...

Sounds good to me, I think I remember mom making this!

 
At July 16, 2010 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Ngotngamwong Family said...

Looks yummy and looks like something Dakota enjoyed!

 
At July 16, 2010 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Haha...yeah I think Dakota would eat just about anything!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Blogger SpooSpa said...

Boil in chicken broth with a by leaf and some Italian Seasonings. It should give it that "made-from-scratch" flavor

 
At September 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

SpooSpa...That's a great idea! I will have to try that, it sounds good now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home