Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Cooking with a Little Man

July 15, 2010

Cooking with a Little Man

I cook with a 1 year old nearby, so I thought I would share a few ways of how I keep him occupied while I cook.

#1 Cook while he naps. This is my favorite time to cook; I can easily cook and clean up before he wakes up. Then, I just reheat the dinner before we eat.

#2 We recently made a WONDERFUL investment or I guess I should say grandpa recently made a WONDERFUL investment into Dakota's life and mommy's sanity with Leapfrog Fridge Phonics. Dakota loves Fridge Phonics and plays with it nearly the
entire time I cook.

#3 Another one of Dakota's favorite things to do is pull everything out of the drawers lids, towels, paper and anything he can find! This would be one of my least favorite ways to keep him busy, but he is happy so I'm happy!
#4 Snack time is the perfect time to cook! He stays entertained while watching me cook.

These are the tips I have, what do you have? What about more than one child...then what?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Erika said...

Stopping in from Call me Laura Jane ... love your site!! Your about me is perfect and I love the Robert Frost quote you have, too! :)

I'm definitely in the same boat ... don't really know how to cook, don't really enjoy taking the time for it, but DEF need to figure it out! I look forward to reading your blog!

ps ... love your button, too!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 5:54 AM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Thank you for stopping by!!!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Laura Jane said...

We are SO getting the fridge farm thing! Saw it at Target the other day and actually convinced Chris we needed it on the next grocery run! =)

My favorite thing to do? Get out my metal mixing bowls and some big plastic mixing spoons. He's learned to bang on them like a drum set. He LOVES it- of course, ibuprofen is always a necessity for mommy if you go this route. =)

 
At July 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

That's a great idea, I hadn't thought about getting out the mixing bowls and spoons! Watch for the Fridge Farm to go on sale, I see it on sale a lot. It is def a great investment! Dakota likes to throw the magnets all over the floor but it keeps him entertained, and he learns sounds and letters.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home