Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Improvising Fail

July 15, 2010

Improvising Fail

Almost all the meals I cook start with a basic recipe and then I improvise. It normally taste good; however, there are always those times were it is well...YUCK!

I tried to make Chicken Florentine. I honestly thought that I had what I needed, but I didn't. This dish made it to the trash can fast!

This was my end of the pay period and grocery supply was diminishing...dish!

I cooked the chicken with a little bit of lemon juice and a Italian dressing. I'm pretty sure that's the start of going wrong...that just sounds gross as I write it! I cooked some penne pasta. After draining the paste, I added some cream of mushroom to it with some garlic salt. I then mixed chicken in. I put 1 layer of spinach at the bottom of the baking dish. I added the noodle and chicken mixture then topped it with cheddar cheese and baked it in the oven.

All of those ingredients just sound nasty, but honestly it didn't taste bad just tasted like...nothing. My son loved it, which if he doesn't love it then it must be really bad!

My son had some of the dinner with some other leftover items before it hit the trash can and I resorted to my favorite...cereal.

I plan to try this recipe again though, hopefully with better luck and the correct ingredients!

Improvising fail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home