Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: My husband's Ribs

July 25, 2010

My husband's Ribs

My husband loves to smoke all different types of meats. He has just recently become aware of his new found love of smoking meats.

One of his favorite things to smoke is Ribs. He layers them with barbecue sauce and then leaves them on the smoker for several hours. He is very proud of his ribs, and will happily make them for anyone, so if you are ever at our house on a day where Steven is smoking ribs be aware that you will be staying for dinner!

Meanwhile, we will either put some corn on the cob on the smoker or I will boil some on the stove. I also make some potatoes using Lipton Onion Soup mix recipe on the back of the box.

I cut up the potatoes into small chunks, then I put it all in a Ziploc bag and add a 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 package of onion soup mix. I then mix it up in the bag and open the bag up then spread out the potatoes on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven. I usually leave it for about 45 minutes. This is my favorite way to eat potatoes! They are delicious.

Of course, I only get 1 rib due to the new restrictions on my diet. *Tear*...it's still delicious though and my hubby makes the best smoked meats!







We give Dakota the veggies from this meal and give him a different meat that is not as tough as rib meat.
This is our typical Sunday afternoon dinner, which works out great because my hubby has lots of leftovers to take to work throughout the week!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Ember said...

I am FOR sure going to make those potatoes!! My hubs loves to smoke ribs too! He gets super creative with his rubs and sauces! thanks for sharing!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

They are yummy!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home