Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Mexican Dish

July 26, 2010

Mexican Dish

We cook several different Mexican dishes in our household. Both my husband and I really love these dishes, plus there are always tons of leftovers...which means? One less day of cooking for me!

I had originally started this dish planning to make enchiladas, then realized that I forgot to buy enchilada sauce at the store. Never fear, I love to improvise!

I cooked the 1 lb of chicken breast in the skillet using Weber's Kickin' Chicken seasoning. This can be seasoned to your taste, I used 1/2 tbsp. I cut the chicken breast into small chunks once it was cooked. I purchased 1 bag of burrito size flour tortillas and stuffed them with 5 chicken chunks, 1 tsp of corn, and 1 tsp of cheese. You can do more or less depending on how much you like. Once I had the tortillas stuffed, I placed them on a baking dish and then I put 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 tbsp of green chili's on top. I also added a small amount of cheese and corn to the top of the tortillas. Then, I baked it in the oven at *350 until it was crispy.

While this was cooking, I put on some Knorr's Spanish Rice.

They came out of the oven, and my husband and I were amazed at how good they were. I actually enjoyed them more than if I had used enchilada sauce. I liked that they were crispy.

Since we had a Mexican dish, Dakota had his usual lunch meat, cheese, bread, and veggie.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home