Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Slow Cooker Cornish Hens

September 30, 2010

Slow Cooker Cornish Hens

This is another dish that would be perfect to impress friends with!

Ingredients:

2 Cornish Hens
1 Durkee White Wine and Herb Seasoning Packet
1/4 Cup of Water
1 Can of Chicken Broth
1 Bag of Baby Carrots
3 Sliced Potatoes

I put the hens in a bag with the seasoning, dressing, and water.  I shook this up and let it sit for 30 minutes. 

While the marinade was sitting, I poured the chicken broth in the slow cooker and added the carrots and potatoes.  Then, I added in the hens.  If the liquid does not graze the top of the hens, add additional water. 

I let this cook 7 hours on low, after it was finished with 7 hours, I pulled the hens out and all the meat fell right off the bone.  Then, I put the meat back in the crock pot for another hour to soak up more of the juices. 

This is the perfect dish for a busy day, all of the veggies cook in the slow cooker as well making it minimal cooking for you!  This made 4 servings for us with 2 hens. 

Even better, the smell is amazing!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 30, 2010 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Anna Marie said...

YUM-O! I love Cornish Hens...what a great way to fix them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home