Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Chicken Tortilla Casserole

September 28, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Casserole

Let me start by saying, this was one of those dishes that you can't judged by looks.  It's good!  I found this recipe in an OSU Cookbook from my mom.  I tweaked it a bit.

Ingredients:

1 10oz Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 12oz Can of Evaporated Skim Milk
8 oz of Black Beans (About 1/2 a can)
2 Chicken Breast, cubed
6 Flour Tortilla's (I used burrito size)
1/2 Cup of Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 350*.

I used nonstick cooking spray on the bottom of the skillet and then cooked the chicken. 

In a large bowl, mix the soup, milk, Rotel, black beans, and chicken.

Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, then place 3 flour tortilla's on the bottom.  Pour 1/2 of the mixture over the tortilla's and top with 1/4 cup of cheese.  Repeat this step again, to make 2 layers.

Bake this in the oven for 45 minutes.

I originally made this dish without the Rotel; however, I would add the Rotel to give it a little bit of a kick!

I did not think this dish necessarily looked pretty when it came out of the oven, but it did taste very good.  This can be served with a side of rice; although, we ate it without a side since the major food groups were all met.

Remember your coupons!

Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2010 at 3:46 AM , Blogger Veronica said...

Sounds great! I've never visited your blog before, but I'm glad I did tonight!

 
At September 29, 2010 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

I'm glad you stopped by too!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home