Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: BBQ Spuds

September 23, 2010

BBQ Spuds

I am simply in love with my Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken, so I thought we would have it again this past week. 

This time instead of making sandwiches out of it, I decided to try it on baked potatoes.

Using 4 large potatoes, I wrapped them in foil then cut a few slits around the potato.  I baked these in the oven at 400* for 1 hour or until they were soft.

Then, I cut them open and layered with toppings.  I started by using butter on the potato, added the meat, cheese, and chives.  Topped it off with a dollop of sour cream.

These were the perfect alternative to the stuffed potatoes that you get at many restaurants.  Typically, that is what I always order when we go out for BBQ.  I love that I can make it at home easily and save money!

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2010 at 12:37 AM , Blogger Jayashiangel said...

Crockpot Baked Potatoes foil line crockpot inside & up the sides. Wash however many potatoes you wish to bake I have a 6 qt crockpot and usually do 12 for a family of 2 ( this allows for both baked & diced up later potatoes) fit them in standing up this allows you to squeeze in more :O) Say YUMMY!! Place lid on and cook on high for 5 hours.

 
At September 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Love that idea, my crock pot is my best friend many days!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home