Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Fall Harvest Bake

September 16, 2010

Fall Harvest Bake

Fall is my favorite season, I look forward to it each year.  I love the crisp air, pumpkin spice lattes, and the color brown!  Along with that, I love the different flavors that fall brings.  If I could give fall it's own taste, it would turn out a little something like this recipe.

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Thighs or Breast, thawed
1 Large Sweet Potato
1 Red Apple
1 Cup of Brown Rice
3 Cups of Water
2 Tbsp of Butter
1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400*.

Start by peeling the sweet potato and cutting into cubes.  Cut the red apple into cubes as well, I left the skin on the red apple.  In a small bowl melt the butter in the microwave and stir in the cinnamon.

Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.  Place the rice in the bottom of the dish and mix with the water and cream of chicken.  Add the sweet potato and apples on top of the rice and then add the chicken.  Pour the butter and cinnamon mixture on top of each chicken thigh or breast.  Lastly sprinkle a dash of cinnamon over the top of the entire dish.

Place this in the oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.  I usually let this cook sometimes up to an hour until the liquid has cooked out of the rice.

If it looks like there is a lot of liquid left after 45 minutes, take the dish out of the oven and stir up the rice.  Then, put it back in for an additional 15 minutes.

The house will smell amazing and the moment you taste this, you will know fall is near!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At September 16, 2010 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Laura Jane said...

I bet that tastes and smells awesome! How did Dakota like it? Mason loves sweet potatoes and cinnamon so I think it would be a hit at our house.

 
At September 16, 2010 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Dakota really liked it, I shredded the chicken into small pieces for him. So far, he's loved just about everything...which hopefully it stays that way! The only thing he's not too sure about is fish...and I can live with that! :)

 
At September 16, 2010 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Wow that looks really good!! I was just looking for a recipe tonight and thought i'd see what you had :)

 
At September 20, 2010 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Looks amazing! Can you use regular rice or do you need instant?

 
At September 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

I typically use instant rice, but since it's cooking for a long period of time...I think the regular rice would be fine too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home