Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

September 14, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Enchiladas are just another one of my favorite meals, I have a lot of favorites!  This recipe has never let me down, I always look forward to fixing these.

Ingredients:
1 Package of Burrito Size Tortilla's (I used 8)
1 Can of Black Beans (Cans are 15oz, I use 1/2 can for this meal)
2 Cups of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1 Large Tomato, Diced or 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
1 10oz Can of Green Enchilada Sauce
1 Package of Taco Seasoning
2 Chicken Breast

Preheat oven to 375*.

While the chicken is about 1/2 way thawed, cut the chicken into small chunks then finish thawing.  In a skillet, cook the chicken breast and taco seasoning.  I typically do not add any water to the chicken while it's cooking with the taco seasoning, I use it just to add flavor to the chicken.  If you do need liquid add a small amount of water.

Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, then start preparing your enchiladas.  In each tortilla layer with a small amount of chicken, black beans, tomato, and cheese.  Roll each enchilada up until the ends meet then place into the baking dish, seam side down.  Continue to do this until your dish is full with enchiladas.  Pour the enchilada sauce over the tortilla's and top with all of the remaining cheese.

This will bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.  I serve this with a side of taco rice and corn. 

To save money on this dish, print coupons for Green Giant veggies here!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Yummy! We love chicken enchiladas. I'll have to try your recipe next!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home