Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Mexican Meatloaf

September 17, 2010

Mexican Meatloaf

This dish was introduced to me by my mother-in-law, one of many good dishes that she fixes!  This is also my husband's favorite meal, so he was more than happy for me to cook it regularly.

Ingredients:

1 lb of Ground Beef
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Small Can of Green Chili's
1 16oz Jar of Picante Sauce
1 8oz Can of Tomato Sauce (I buy 15oz can and then save 1/2 for later use)
2 Cups of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1 Bag of Fritos, Crushed (optional)

Preheat oven to 350*.

In a skillet brown the meat until well done, then add in all ingredients except for Frito's and Cheese.  This needs to heat until it reaches a bubbling bowl.

Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray, then start layering your ingredients.  Pour 1/2 of the meat mixture on the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle with crushed Frito's and top with cheese.  Repeat this again for the next layer.

This will bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until crispy.

I typically ALWAYS use Frito's when I make this; however, I chose to skip the Frito's this time and I actually really enjoyed it just as much.  The Frito's add a crunch; however, without the Frito's it tasted more like a meatloaf.  This is a great meal and it's very easy, sure to please the entire family!

For sides with this I chose to use leftover black beans topped with diced tomatoes and corn on the cob.

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 17, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Ember said...

Love the fritos idea! Good way to make meatloaf exciting for my kids!

 
At September 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hello Kristy,

My name is Sarah and I write for www.recipelion.com - the Recipe Lion Blog. I was reading your Blog and I came across your fantastic recipes for Mexican Meatloaf. I enjoyed the recipes so much that I linked to it on my most recent Blog post which was all about meatloaf. You can read it here:
http://blog.recipelion.com/fancy-up-your-dinner-with-some-luxury-meatloaf/

Hope you enjoy it.

--
Sarah Hetland
Editor
shetland@primecp.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home