Mommy Hates Cooking

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommyhatescooking.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Hates Cooking: Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts

September 25, 2010

Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts

In preparation for this recipe, I had fully intended on making 'real' doughnuts, that is until I saw how much oil was required! 

I immediately had mental pictures of my mom, who teaches diet classes, passing out when she saw that oil.  I could not bring myself to do it!  So, I ended up baking them, surprisingly, they were gone by the next morning!

Ingredients:

1 Can of Pillsbury Home Style Rolls (Do not use flaky)
2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup of Water
1/4 Cup of Applesauce
1 Tbsp of Cinnamon Sugar

Preheat the oven to 375*.

Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray.  Then, place the biscuits on the cookie sheet, and begin cutting the holes out of each biscuit.  In order to cut the holes, I used the lid of a bottled water as my cutter.  It worked out perfectly.

Drizzle a small amount of melted butter over each doughnut.  Then, place in the oven for 10 minutes or until completely cooked.

Combine the powdered sugar, water, and applesauce in a small bowl.  This will be the sauce to drizzle over the donuts.  In another boil, pour the cinnamon sugar in it.

Once the donuts are out of the oven, drizzle the sauce over each donut.  Then, dip each donut in the cinnamon sugar to coat and let cool. 

I thought this tasted surprisingly well to be baked doughnuts.  They will not taste like a typical doughnut, so do not plan on them to.  My husband told me they tasted like doughnuts with a hint of biscuit.  He must have liked them though because he ate all but 2 of them, the only 2 I beat him to!

This is a nice alternative to deep fried doughnuts!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Ember said...

I like the idea of baking instead of frying! YUM!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home